This time, tapping into a different crowd, Supermart Collective has set up a pop up store at Publika Art Row, called Supermart Pop! featuring 10 exclusive vendors. Supermart Pop! recently had their official launch on Saturday (26th September 2015).
Besides offering their merchandise, some of the vendors also offer mini workshops on weekdays at their pop up store. While browsing around, I was awed by the various unique art and handmade creations by local artists and crafters. Looks like the local creative community is clearly moving forward while more Malaysians are starting to appreciate local made products.
1. IndividiumIndividium is a homegrown apparel brand inspired by the periodic table of chemical elements, which they have incorporated into their designs, for example, AH (Always Hungry). Their products range from badges, t-shirts, post cards and more.
2. White ToastWhite Toast merchandise consist of self-design stickers, vintage inspired accessories and pretty handmade dreamcatchers. Plus point on the dreamcatchers because the bohemian trend is really catching on.
3. Michio CraftMichio Craft's handsewn products. Their cute superhero monkeys are quite a hit among those who like collectibles.
4. Sew FabbySew Fabby. Sew Fabby offers handsewn products such as dolls, tote bags, baby quilts, tags and iPad holders and more.
5. TinyPinc Miniatures
TinyPinc is known for their little clay food accessories and not to forget, Baby Groot! They have also made quite a hit with their famous Malaysian favourites such as 'Angku Kueh', 'Ais Kacang' and Char Kuey Teow'.
With the current planner and journaling trend hitting the local creative community, enthusiasts are making a bee line for Notbook-Notbuk and their handcrafted paper goods ranging from notebooks, DIY binders, refills, journals, planners, planner stickers, to name a few.
7. Bisou BonBon & Bisou Rose
There's a lot of Love and magic at Bisou BonBon & Bisou Rose's corner with products consist of natural bath and body products, including a range of whimsical, romantic vintage accessories too.
Emo.Ego caught my attention right away with their 'treasure-like' corner filled with intricately designed accessories. One of the items that I like the most is the RM1 cufflings which is truly Malaysian! Haven't seen these coins in awhile and I think Emo Ego definitely did a good job with it.
9. Power of Word
Power of Word creates the finest personalized paper cut designs as well as other inspirational prints, such as postcards and posters. Their products are suitable as gifts for special occasions and weddings. They have recently also included new notebooks made with recycled candy packaging.
10. Moo Nicholas
Moo Nicholas makes the cutest animal themed clay figurines, combined with a little touch of nature. Apparently the tiny tapir, sheep and little piggy figurines are his signature creations.
Want to feel, touch and see more in person? Then visit Supermart Pop! at Publika Art Row, going on until December 2015. Don't forget to find out more about their mini workshops!